Thursday, January 3, 2008

Genesis

Hello! Aloha! Hola! שלום! 你好! Salut Bonjour! Guten Tag! 今日は! Haj!

I started my Bachelors Degree in Interactive Entertainment (Animation Major) Sept 2007. The degree is from Qantm College in Australia, well known for producing graduates for the gaming and animation industry. In this blog, I shall express my experiences, in my journey to the gaming/animation industry. It shall also serve as my personal portfolio of sorts.

A little bit about me. I am a Singaporean. For those who do not know where Singapore is, it is NOT in China, not part of it, or anywhere near it. We are an island nation located near the equator in South East Asia. Surely you have heard of Singapore Airlines being the first to fly the A380 commercially... I have a Diploma in Electronics and Computer Engineering and after graduation, I served in the Air Force for 8 good years; an avionics technician for the F16. For two of those years, I was deployed in the USA. I left the Air Force in 2004 and did a stint as a computer techie and then a test engineer for a couple of years.

I've always loved playing computer games and admiring the graphics. Now, I've found a new passion other than fixing fighter jets. I decided that the time and opportunity has come for me, not to only play the games but, to one day be involved in making them. And so, I am in the first batch in Singapore pursuing a Qantm degree via SAE Institute Singapore. Its was an exciting first trimester and I shall be documenting my rite of passage as I go along. Stay tuned!

No comments: